Monday, January 4, 2010

Painting Wallpaper

On Friday I decided to start some major painting projects.
When we put our home for sale I painted the
red walls in our powder room
Relaxed Khaki from Sherwin and Williams.
I love that color!
We loved it so much we painted 4 rooms in Relaxed Khaki!

The problem....
Wall paper
on the ceiling and walls...
It was an absolute nightmare wallpapering the ceiling...
I didn't want to tackle trying to take it down...




So why not paint it....
My friend Kris painted over wallpaper and it worked!
I decided why not try...
worst case...
I would have to take down the wallpaper..

Well, this is how it turned out...


The bottom 3/4 of the wall; Relaxed Khaki from
Sherwin & Williams
&
the top 1/4 of the wall; Universal Khaki;
Sherwin & William, but mixed at Lowes.



It did take 3 coats to cover the dark green vine in the wall paper.
The Lowes paint did not cover as well I am use to with Sherwin & Williams.
I do wonder if Sherwin & Williams paint would have covered better??

Either way...
I love it!









After finishing the powder room...
I moved onto the Family Room & Kitchen!!!

I am excited to be linking to Metamorphosis Monday!




5 comments:

Michelle said...

I would have never thought of painting the wallpaper, but it turned out beautiful. Thanks for sharing the names of the paint colors. I'm searching for something on that order right now. I plan to get a sample of relaxed khaki to try out. Again...it looks great! :)

Treasia Stepp said...

I've thought about this before but was scared that it would peel and curl. Thanks for sharing as now I know it is possible to do this. It turned out very nice. Love the color

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I painted over the WP in my half bath and it was a successs. But I have a full bath and 3 walls in the kitchen with WP and need to do something about them. Just need to get the courage to get started. Thanks for the inspiration!

Barbara said...

I like that very elegant.

Room to Inspire said...

Great idea to just paint over the wall paper! The results look great and just think how much time you saved.

Chelsea

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity