Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Holding on with both hands.....


(yeah!!! chalkboard paint brushed on worked great!)

Tonight I am thankful for a wonderful family

On Sat. Tony and I celebrated 17 years of marriage!
We have learned so much in 17 years...
 most of all not to take each other forgranted...
 not for a single second.
Couples that pray together stay together and
to hold on with both hands....

(photo credits to Maddie)

Today I read in my daily devotions:
"A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart"
"We have a daily choice to fill our mind and heart with the wonder of who God is, or to be pulled down by a fascination with the darker things in life. Hope lies in what we carry in our heart. Will we choose to keep our focus on the shadows or turn toward the light of God's face?"
Shelia Walsh

I pray each day I can see the goodness and always carry hope in my heart...

Tonight Lil Tony and I did some baking....

Lil Tony playing in the flour...
the best part about baking with a child...fun


Jewish Apple Cake....
Tony's (dad's) favorite...
Gram's recipe....

"Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord"
Psalm 4:6

Linking to It's so Very Cheri: Celebration Time

11 comments:

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

conrats!

Southern Fried Gal said...

Cute plate. And so fun to bake with kids! Makes me want to do that asap!

steffany said...

Very cute plate, it would make a great gift.

Treasia Stepp said...

Congratulations on 17 wonderful years!

kmarx99 said...

Happy Belated Anniversary - and the plate looks great!

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Love your 17 years. Hugs to you both.

Good tune :-)

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary! And the Jewish Apple Cake looks delicious!

kiakai/Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Hi Wendy,
I love your post. Congrats to you two.
I'm so touched by your comment on my post. I'd like to hear about your family farms. I know people will always eat meat, but I wish it could all come from friendly, caring people. The industry is almost putting the family farms out of business. The industry needs to be shut down. It's gotten so out of touch with what matters. I told another blogger that I think it will only stop when the Lord comes back and takes us all home. Animals are his family too.
Kelly

Susie from Bienvenue said...

What a beautiful post here! Thank you for your sweet comment too. Glad you liked the sign...smiles~

pk @ Room Remix said...

What a beautiful post. Happy Anniversary! (a little late). Thank you, too, for your nice comment on the turquoise barn. Have a great day!

steffany said...

What fun ideas you have. Thank you for sharing. I am nominating you for a Best Blog award, stop by my blog for details if you are interested.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity