Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Saying good bye



I thought this would be a nice way to end 2009...
and say good bye to the farmhouse.

Oh....I still dream of all the wonderful details inside.
Crown Molding
Two staircases
Three porches
Wide molding
Wooden doors
Original Hardware
Wide plank pine floors
Spring House

So...for 2010 my goal is to try to replicate as much as we can!

Here are some pictures....
(I wish I had more)




This is the foyer!
One staircase that took you to 3 of the bedrooms
and a full bath.
The white door leads to the kitchen.



It is not the biggest kitchen, but the details were awesome.
I wish I could walk you around to see the cabinets closer.
Can you see the tin back splash?

To the right is the back door, which leads to a side porch.
In the kitchen there is also a second set of stairs that lead to
2 more bedrooms and the master bath.




This is the diningroom.
The open door way is into the kitchen and the
white door leads to the side porch.



This is the family room.
The front livingroom is to the right.
The white door leads to the front porch.




This is the Master bathroom.
I wish I had a picture of the Master bedroom.
It had 5 windows and a door that lead to
a porch.....




This would've been Maddie's room.
I think she mentally moved herself in there too!
Like mother, like daughter!

This room had 4 windows and
the only closet in the whole house.




This is the barn.
I didn't have too many dreams for the barn,
but the boys did....
basketball
hockey
parties :)
hide out from the girls

Well...there she is...in all her glory!

It is okay for now...
I still see us one day in an older home...
and now I have the pictures in my computer to
dream and inspire any time I need to!!
(you to maddie)



8 comments:

kimmcl said...

Well now, Wendy, you must tell me where you live in Pa! I see the Eagles shirts on the fam and we are HUGE Eagles fans ova hea! We live in big time Eagles country and if you are close by, we must get together for a visit! I live in Sicklerville, NJ right at the start of the AC Expressway. I felt every heartache in your post about the farmhouse, but you are so right, God's plans don't always match ours, but His are far greater. Love your Christian attitude and spirit.

Wendy said...

Kim, Yes we are close and you are even closer to my sister in law. I will send you and email! Today we are headed into Philly...shopping :)
Wendy

Beth said...

I'm sorry Wendy. It's got to be especially hard after mentally arranging all of your furniture in there.

Someday.

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Ok, well, I'm just gonna say it... GOODBYE FARMHOUSE; HELLO STILL LIVING IN MY BACK YARD!!!!! Amen.

heartnsoulcooking said...

It's always hard saying goodbye, but all your memories will last a lifetime and can't be taken from you.
I have an AWARD!!! for you come by and visit my blog so you can receive it.
Geri

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Wendy~ memories last a lifetime...
Many years ago we were looking for the perfect home to raise our two sons. When we moved into our house 27 years ago we always thought we would move to that dream home...one day. Through the years we've looked and at times found several contenders. We also entertained the idea of building and looked at view lots. I realized in those passing years we were already living in the perfect home it had been created through our love not through the brick and mortar. Even with all it's quirks I'd never trade it for another. My boys are grown and our house is empty, but filled with cherished memories.
I've read through your families beautiful story and you've already created the perfect home through your love.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Lissa said...

what a pretty home! I can see why you love it so!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Dear Wendy, thank you so much for your lovely visit! We wish the best for you and your family for the coming year.
Cheers to a healthy, wonderful year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity