Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rust-Oleum Obsession

I am not sure if it is an addiction or obesession...
7 years ago my good friend Kris introduced me to a can of Rust-Oleum. There was no stopping us...picture frames, chairs, tables and lawn chairs! You name it....we painted it!
That was before I took before and after pictures...
but here are some recent pictures for you!


I found this little guy at the Thrift store for $2.00!!
He was already silver, but had no shine!
No need to worry...silver Rust-Oleum to the rescue!







We have had these SANTA stocking hangers for a few years.
I was tired of the gold....
a little Silver Rust-Oleum to the rescue...











 One can of White Rust-Oleum


+ 3 brown candle sticks =


One can of  brown Rust-Oleum


+  a lot of door knobs =






Kris was here when I was causing or starting the domino affect!
I have to tell you the domino affect continued to her house...
involving one can of nickel rust-oleum and cabinet door knobs!

I am so excited to be participating in







Shanty 2 Chic


I hope you rush over to check out all the great projects at Shanty2Chic!!

I am sorry...2 posts in one day. I might be breaking some
blogging rule?
I didn't want to miss out on 2 great parties!
I hope you enjoy both posts!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

How about my spelling error on Shanty2Chic McLinky....as soon as I hit enter...I said...No!!!...wait I made a spelling error to the world!!! :)

~ RM said...

Aw... It happens to the best of us!! ;)

Tell me, how are those door knobs holding up? I have the ugly brass ones also, and it's way too expensive to replace them all to something more up to date, and I hate to chuck something in the trash just because I dont like the way it looks, (they are fully functional, of course. If they were they beautiful kind, they might've broken already!) Does the paint get scratched off easily? Did you have to prime/sand them at all? Do they still turn nicely or re they kind of sticky now? I have to get all the answers to convince my hubs this is a great idea!! ;)

Kimmy @ my beautifully blessed life said...

Everything looks great! I wondered about the door knobs as well as the same comment/questions above. I would love to hear your feedback on it!

Wendy said...

It has been a month since I painted the door knobs. No scratches!! That is with 1 husband, 3 kids and lots of friends!! I was worried about the button to lock that doors and no scratches there!
I did not sand them first, although my dad thought I should have. The paint stuck with no problem.
I did allow 24 hours between each coat.
3 coats were applied to the powder room door, just to be safe.
2 coats were applied to the other door knobs!
I love them!
Let me know how it goes!
Wendy

Mid Century Madam said...

Great ideas!

The Esplin's said...

I recognize those "SANTA" letters. I just might have to repurpose the letters for something else. They look great silver. Great ideas!

Rhonda said...

Wow! Great job on everything! I want to do my brass doorknobs too! I hope they turn out as good as yours! ;o)

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Ooh, I love those door knobs! I so need to paint mine, they are shiny brass and NOT my style.

Jane said...

It took me a bit to feel confident and drip free with spray painting, but now I am totally hooked too. I completely get the "domino effect! Great job with all your revamps.

Raychel said...

Hello, I have a question about how you painted your door knobs. I HATE my gold door knobs just like you did and I saw that you painted yours and immediately thought why didn't I think of that? I spray paint everything and that is such a good idea! But when I suggested it to my hubby he said that the paint might cause the knob to get stuck. I was wondering if you had any issues with them or if you picked up any tips or tricks along the way? Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are an expert in this field, great articles and keep up the great work, my friend recommended me this.

My blog:
credit conso ou sos Rachat De Credit

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity