Sunday, December 6, 2009

Memory Wire Bracelets

I orginally posted this for Xmas,
but wouldn't this make a sweet Valentine's Day gift!
Jen at Tatertots and Jello was sweet enough to host another fun
party today!! Be sure to check out all the great ideas!

In October I went to a bead store with some friends. 
I must tell you that they create the most beautiful jewelry and are very talented.
I traveled with them for fun!

At the store I thought I might be able to find something
simple to make....
That is when I saw the memory wire....
The first bracelets that we (Maddie and I) made were actually a kit.
We have since made 6 more bracelets.
We just travel to Michael's craft store and buy the
beads we need!!




Items Needed:
Needle Nose Pliers
Memory Wire
Beads of your choice
(Couldn't be any simplier)

The memory wire will make more than one bracelet!
I am able to make 3 bracelets from the wire I bought.



I cut the wire to allow for 3 rows of beads
Using the needle nose pliers make a small loop on one end.
This will ensure that the beads stay on the bracelet.



Start threading your bead on in the pattern of your choice.
I am only using pearl beads on this bracelet.
After you finish threading all the beads on....
loop the end closed.
A charm could be attached on the end loop.



Finished!!! It took 10 minutes!!

Cost:
Wire: 70 cents
Beads: 3.99
 (I didn't use all the beads)
Less than $5.00

Here are some other bracelets that Maddie and I made:






* Adding this after the original post: my 12 year old daughter told me that the wire is
actually called memory wire....I guess I thought it was miracle wire because
it was so simple to make....I wanted you to have the correct name for when you're at the
craft store!


I am linking to Kim's Dare to Do It Yourself  and
Stop by and check out all the great gift ideas!



Dare to DIY

Merry Christmas!
and
Happy Valentine's Day

12 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I've never attempted jewelry, I don't know why. I guess I'm skeered.

I love the pearly looking beads, though. Really lovely. This would definitely make a great gift. Thanks for joining in this week! I love seeing what you came up with.

Jennifer said...

So cute!!! Love them!!

Beth said...

Love them, Wendy!

KatherineAnne said...

The braclets are beautiful!!! Oh my goodness they look like a million bucks! I am going to have to try this sometime soon. They would make beautiful gifts for my girl friends :) Thank you so much for sharing! Happy Monday!
xo, KA

heartnsoulcooking said...

I love to make jewelry, bracelet are my favorite to make. GREAT!!! and BEAUTIFUL!!! post.
Geri

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

These are great. I've never gotten on the jewelry kick because I rarely wear it. These are darling, and might convince me otherwise.

longbrakeliving said...

I've always thought making jewelry would be super hard, but you've convinced me I can do it! Now I can't wait to bust out my giant collection of beads!

Love the Decor! said...

What a great gift idea!! I have a gazillion beads! I think I need to get some of that magic wire and get crafting!!
Thank you for your visit and your kind words. I always get a bit nervous about sharing from my heart.

Room to Inspire said...

The bracelets are beautiful and what a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea

Connie Weiss said...

I've always wanted to make jewelry...but I thought it would be too hard and require too many tools. I think I could totally do this!

Thanks for sharing!

Visiting from Tatertots and Jello

Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} said...

very pretty!

jenjen said...

Hi Wendy!!!

Very cute! I love your bracelets. Very pretty!!!

Thanks for linking up!!!

XOX
Jen

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity