Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A few of my favorite men!!

Snowmen that is...

Santa may do it for some of you, but a snowman....that's my guy!!
Happy, can handle the cold, soft and fluffy...what else could you ask for??
Every year my mom gets me a new snowman ornament and of course I find one to add to the tree too!!

My favorite is when I can paint a snowman. Every year I find something to paint a snowman on
and give as a gift!
(I don't proclaim to be a painter...it is more for fun!)

My parents gave me this old sled and I tried to think of something to paint on it.....




Then Between Naps on the Porch posted this picture and that was all I needed...
one look at the snowman and my heart was caught!! I had to have him!!



Bringing my man to life!
(sorry for the picture of the back of my head)




Isn't he cute?






 Here are some snowmen from my past...painting that is!
This is on the outside of a box.
I think they are so cute!



This was an ornament I painted a few years back. I actually copied this from another ornament.



This little guy my niece made out of a light bulb.






I bought these little guys last year and did paint them as gifts, but didn't take any pictures.
(that was before my blogging days)




This is Sarah's painting....Santa is her man!



This is Maddie's tree that she decorated this week.



Hope you are having as much fun decorating and trying to be creative as we are!

I am linking to the following fun parties:













http://www.reinventedkb.com/
 
Hope you have as much fun as I have looking at all the great projects!!

9 comments:

Room to Inspire said...

Very sweet! Great gift idea.

Chelsea

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

You are so talented. The snowmen are awesome, I'm so impressed.

I love the peace signs, too. So cute.

Beth said...

Very cute! I always kid with my family that I am anti-Santa, pro-Snowman!

Gay Vaughan said...

Love looking at your projects! I am really new to blogging and certainly linking up...but I cannot see the "list" that you talked about in your comment to Kimba. She has been really sweet to talk me through the steps and I want to see everyone. Do you have a solution? Or is it just my cranky, full, computer? Love your blog!
http://itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com/2009/11/its-beginning-to-look-lot-like.html#links

Kristin said...

That painting by the munchkin is about the cutest thing ever!

myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com said...

I love maddie's tree!
all of your projects are precious, but that sled is ADORABLE! I have a friend that loves snowmen, she would love all of these!
gail

Deb @ Confessions of An Ugly Mom said...

I love your favorite men.

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

You're good at painting snowmen! They all look really great! I like snowmen better than Santas too - they just seem like happier guys LOL! Your sleigh turned out so cute!

Manuela

Abbey @ Practically Perfect said...

I love the sled--TOO cute! One Christmas my grandma decided to give everybody snowmen. Some got ornaments, some got sweaters with snowmen, and I got a golfer snowman because that's the year I learned how to play golf. It was so fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity