Friday, December 11, 2009

Espresso Panna Cotta

My Christmas Cookie exchange party is today!
14 great friends are getting together to share
cookies, have a small baby shower and best of all
share in each others friendship!
(I'll post pictures and recipes tomorrow)

Tony surprised me on Thursday when I got home from work
with this great creation!!
He even took pictures for me so I could post the recipe
to Foodie Friday!
(what a great guy)






Ingredients:
White Chocolate
Dark Chocolate
1 cup of Milk
3 tsp of powder gelatin
3 cups Heavy Cream
6 tsp of instant espresso (or coffee)
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt



Combine cold milk with gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes
After standing for 5 minutes heat over medium heat, while stirring,
**do not let it boil**



While still over medium heat; add heavy cream, espresso powder, sugar, and salt.
Turn heat to low and stir for 3 minutes
** Do not let boil**



Remove from heat and let cool.



While panna cotta is cooling.....
use a vegetable peeler to make
white and dark chocolate shavings
(this will be used as the topping &
Keep refrigerated until needed)


(sorry the picute is blurry...he took 3 shots of this trying to get it clear)



Choose your serving container.



Once cooled pour into individual serving container....
(Tony choose espresso cups for a large group)



Martini glasses can be used for a special date night!!



After poured into containers...chill for 2-6 hours


Before serving top with chocolate shavings.
Keep chilled until ready to serve.







Tony has some side notes to add:
* To subsitute for instant espresso use
1 1/2 Tbsp instant sanka and 1 1/2Tbsp  flavored coffee
* If you don't want to use coffee;a  pureed raspberry syrup could be used
*Panna Cotta is Italian for cooked cream
*If Tony was to rate this recipe it is Very Easy to make....
but will Wow your guest!!



Stop by Foodie Friday and check out all the great recipes!


Merry Christmas!!

7 comments:

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Hooray -- Cookie Day! I'm getting there first so I can have my Tony Special early and often. And yes, he is a great guy. A keeper. (Get dressed, that's me knocking...)

Mary said...

Wendy, he is definitely a keeper :-). What a lovely treat. I hope you both have a wonderful Foodie Friday.

Michael Lee West said...

This looks delicious. I hope you have a fun filled cookie day!

Cass @ That Old House said...

This looks not just delicious, but elegant and impressive, too. LOVE it in the martini glass!

Wow -- tell Tony he is a man among men!

Cass

Deb @ Confessions of an Ugly Mom said...

Update: it was unbelievable! I had three, and only stopped at three due to social etiquette. Highly recommended.

And yes, I was first.

Room to Inspire said...

I am SO making this one! It looks easy and wonderful all at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea

Enter Lovely said...

These recipes look amazing! I love the martini cups and chocolate shavings. I will have to file that one away for a later date. Thanks for the tips!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity