Thursday, August 25, 2011

Missing a Craftroom....

Today I came home to find most of our craft stuff spread over the master bedroom floor. It was actually organized in stations; stamps, sewing, paint, and beads. Sarah was having a busy day of creating. After taking a deep breath, I smiled and closed the door. I love creativity!

At that moment I did miss our old "new" house. If you remember we downsized to 1800sq ft from almost 3300sq ft. We use corner of our current home....and some corners have multiple functions. Tonight I went back through my posts to find the craft room in the old "new" house and reminisced about the extra space for a little......want to come along with me?

Originally posted December 20, 2009

I started working on the craft room in November.
My goal was to be finished the beginning of December,
but with decorating, crafting and shopping....
well here we are the week of Christmas...


I still have a few finishing touches,
like lamps, to add!

I took a lot of pictures! I hope you enjoy!



Here we are before!



The kids use this room as much as I do
(sometimes even more)!
I did need to work around them!
You just can not interrupt creativity!!



First I covered the table with fabric.
The fabric was left over from a
project in the master bathroom.
(Sarah was painting while I was doing this)!



Here is a closer look. I used the staple gun to keep the
pleats in place.



Dad: Do you have a piece of plywood about 72"x18"
that I could use?



Dad to the rescue!
Added 2 coats of white paint to the table and the mirror!





My table and mirror are finished!!
Next is the kids.



Remember the black card table from above?
I draped a painters cloth over the top and
pinned down each leg.



Trimmed off the excess and sewed a straight line!
Turned it right side out.



Dad: I was wondering could you cut me a piece
of plexi-glass 32 5/8 x 32 5/8?

Yeah!!
The kids table is finished!




Sarah couldn't wait for the plexi-glass and was sewing the
other night! I'll have to share her purse that she
designed! Watch out Kate Spade!!



This old dresser holds my scrapbook and stamping stuff!



I sewed this a few year ago for the Master bath.
I like it in its new home!



This little corner is when you first walk in the room.
This little cabinet started out red!




I didn't decide what to put on the shelve above
the closet yet!


Here is my latest project!!



I am excited to link with Susan for Metamorphosis Monday.


Thanks for taking a trip down memory lane with me....
even though sometimes I miss the extra space...
I would not change a thing....

9 comments:

Beth said...

I love the toile cloth around the table, and how awesome that Sarah is sewing!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is great, Wendy! I love your fabric covered tables and I would imagine you've got some great storage under the toile one. It's nice to have a dedicated space like this so you don't have to keep moving things or clearing them away.

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

I think it's looking really pretty! Love the toile skirt and that table looks nice a long so you can spread out! What a great Dad! You should see my craft area! It's such a mess right now. But that's one of my 2010 projects - re-organize that space.

Good Job!

Manuela

Vivian said...

Love the snowman hanging you are working on. What kind of cloth are you painting on and what kind of paint did you use? Will you be able to put it outside. I need one to hand outside and don't want to buy the traditional decorative flags.

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I'm so jealous of your craft room! I like how you used the fabric on the tables, it really brings the elements of the room together.

Wendy said...

I used a piece of left over material from a project my mom did. She thinks the fabric was "duck" fabric, not sure if I am spelling it right. It feels like canvas or the weight of a painters cloth. I used craft paint. If you put it outside, I wouldn't let it get wet. I am planning to hang it inside. Hope that helps!

Susie from Bienvenue said...

I love your new space but what I love the most about it is your family in it.....special times~

pk @ Room Remix said...

It think it turned out great! You really did a good job on the toile table cover - great way to have additional storage. I've got craft rooms on the brain right now too - we'll see how/when it works out. :-) Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Jane Doe said...

I love your old craft room in your old new house! Thanks for taking me along on that trip down memory lane. Oh, and I'm on my way over to your house, so Sarah can teach me how to sew; I'd love to learn!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity