Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our Christmas Story



Christmas is a very special time of the year.
It is extra special for our family,
because 13 years ago prayers were answered.

Not many know this story...

Let me take you back in time....


In 1993 I married my high school sweetheart
 at the young age of 22. 
We bought our first home
and expecting a precious baby....

Then we had a miscarriage...

I wish I blogged back then,
the emotional rollar coaster ride began.

I look back on those years as some of the
most difficult times of our life and marriage.

After countless lab test, shots, ultrasounds,
more lab test, more shots,
more ultrasounds, more procedures....
we were both physically and emotionally stressed out!

Then the stars aligned and we were to have artifical insemination
on Christmas day in 1996.

Christmas Day, was this a sign?
How special would that be!!

We wanted to be parents more than anything in this world.
We also felt if this pregnancy didn't take...
this would be our last try.

Last Chance.....

We spent Christmas day with my parents and asked my
dad to pray for us.
We needed a sign of Hope.

I can hear some of my dads prayer like it was yesterday...

God,
You have a plan for Tony and Wendy.
You know this plan.
If this is not in your plan, let it be made known.
Help them to believe and rely on you
for strength.
Amen

I did not get pregnant.

This was not in his plan.

That day I thought I would be sad,
but that was the day we found
Hope

That was the day that we decided what was most important for us
was to be parents...

In January of 1997 we filed paper work for adoption from
South Korea....

A wonderful process...

On the road to be parents...

What a wonderful plan God had for this little family
on that Christmas Day in 1996.

Our beautiful Daughter Madeline was born in
South Korea in May of 1997 and traveled home
Oct 1997...




Our beautiful Son, Tony was born in
South Korea in May of 2000 and traveled home
Sept. 2000...




Our beautiful surprise, Sarah was born
in the United States Dec 29, 2001




If you notice Sarah and Tony are only 19 months apart in age,
that is because....
I didn't think I could get pregnant!
Yes...you read that right...pregnant!

God has a great sense of humor!!

This has been a tough year, but we know more than ever
that our blessing come from above.
My Strength comes from God.
God first...family second...everything else will fall into place..

This Christmas we are trusting in his plan...
praying for his guidance...
Thanking him for his grace....
Loving our family
and a wonderful family it is!!




Christmas blessings to you for a season of
hope and love!



3 comments:

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I'm not sure if you will read this... I used to not get old comments until I changed my options! When I first saw the photo of your beautiful children, I just knew two of them were born in Korea! I have an adopted nephew from Korea! All three of your children are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story of God's blessings. I've been able to read back thur your blog and very much understand your "loss" of the farmhouse. My husband and I have been praying about downsizing and found a great house, however just one room on the small size. It has yet to sell, but I've mourned the loss of this adorable home too! But I know from past circumstances that God's ways are bigger and better than ours! I will be looking forward to see what he has in store for your wonderful family. In Him... Dee Dee

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

What a wonderful story of hope and faith Wendy. I know you are aware that I have 5 children now but I had 2 miscarriages in the last 5 years, and I still remember them and have little angels placed around the house to remember them. I think that God's plan was a wonderful plan for you and you were rewarded for following it. Such a powerful story of faith. God Bless your beautiful family!

Amy said...

Hi Wendy. Loved this story. Something similar happened to family friends of ours.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity