Monday, November 9, 2009

Snowman Wine Glasses



I am so excited to participate in the "I can make that" Party hosted by

Every year I make gifts that have something to do with snowmen. This year I thought I would try painting on wine glasses.
I used FolkArt Enamels paint.


Set of 4 Wine glasses.  I also painted some snowmen on coffee mugs, too!


Before Starting you will need to wipe the surface clean with alcohol.
First paint two circles to make the snowman.



Next I added the hat and scarf. Between each coat I allowed the paint to dry. I did apply 2 coats of each paint.



Then add your snowflakes.


Next you can add detail to your snowmen.  My "little red book" has many pictures of snowmen to help me with ideas for details in the face and scarf.
To set the paint you can either allow the glass to dry for 21 days or bake in the oven following the directions on the bottle of paint.




I can't wait to give them as gifts with a bottle of wine!

Thank you for stopping by to say hi....I would love to hear your comments.




8 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

These are really cute! Thanks for showing us how you did it. Love them!

Simply Sara said...

Very cute. I love the idea of gifting them with a bottle of wine!

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Wendy those are cute! What a great idea for the holidays or any special event!

Manuela

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

How cute! What a great gift idea - I will have to bookmark this one!
Thanks for stopping by my blog - I will follow yours.
Have a great day!

Danielle

Wendy said...

Mom, it's Maddie. They look really great!!! ;D

Wendy said...

You are the sweetest daughter!! Thank you! Love you

Andi's English Attic said...

Sweet. I love this idea. xx

Chris said...

Such a great idea! How fun to have these at a holiday party!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity