Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My plans for you....

I thought I would rewind and tell you how or why I (we) decided to start a blog.
I have enjoyed reading so many great blogs and have gotten so many wonderful ideas!
Thank you all of you for such great inspiration!
Last April (on my birthday) we decided to put our home for sale and placed an offer on the below farm house and barn. Barn.....what on earth would we do with a barn?
Oh...we had so many ideas!! The kids were so excited. I think the rest of the family
thought we were crazy.
It has been a long time dream to live in an old home and this home fit
every dream that we had in a home.
So our house went up for sale!!

We dreamed and planned.

Madeline (my oldest daughter) and I decided that when we moved we would

start a blog and blog the excitement of living in an old farmhouse and having a barn.

(Sometime I'll post the pictures of the inside)



Well......In July it all fell apart when the owners decided to auction the house and we lost our contract. Ugh.....
I didn't drive by the house for 3 months...
This verse kept going through my mind....
For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

It is sometimes tough when your plans don't match Gods, but he has

something planned far greater....

And here they are...




Ginger...one hot guinea pig



Lily...she might like Ginger too much!


Blessed with 3 beautiful children. 14 years ago we didn't think we
would have any. God's plans are always so much better!




Our family!

So here Madeline and I are today starting a blog, minus a farmhouse, but with
a family that is worth so much more!

Thank you God for your plans and help me to always remember
to rely on your wisdom and strength.




21 comments:

Deb said...

OK, I know this story. Lived some of this story by your side. And yet, here I am crying. I love your story.

(Can I say I almost threw up when I saw the barn, though.)

Wendy said...

Why would you almost throw up? Did you think we were moving again or just don't like the barn? You know the boys would've loved that barn (big and little)!

Deb said...

MOVING AGAIN! I like the barn just fine, I just happen to prefer you in my back yard.

stephanied said...

That was lovely Wendy!!! Although I would have liked you across the road from me!! Sorry Deb! Walked by the house this morning, it now say For Rent. - Stephanie

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a lovely family you have! I understand about your feelings for the old house; we had two old houses lost because of contracts going south, but last year we actually found our dream house -- an 1832 farmhouse in northern New Jersey. Only 3/4 of an acre left, the barn long gone, but we love this old house, and it, too, inspired me to start a blog!
But children ALWAYS trump houses, any day! As my Mom used to say, "If it doesn't bleed, don't worry about it." Blessings to you and your lovely family!
Cass

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oops! I meant "contracts going SOUR" not "south!"

Cass

Cass @ That Old House said...

Me again. My dog Dion says he would also be very interested in Ginger. In a friendly, big-brotherly way, of course.
Cass

NM said...

Just found your blog through Between Naps on the Porch. I love your blog and I love your story. I have signed up to follow and look forward to reading some more. Will have to get my daughter M to check out your "M's" blog too...it appears they have much in common!
Would love it if you could come visit my blog.
Best wishes, NM.

Phyllis AROUND THE HOUSE said...

You will have your house soon, just be a little patient, it is on it's way....I am new follower of yours, come and visit...

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Wendy~ ~Love you blog and your story. Don't give up on the dream ~ ~Ever! Sometimes God's plans and ours are the same. .the timing is just a little off. I see above the house is for rent, it could still happen.

nannykim said...

Well the house looked so wonderful, but I have so learned that God knows what he is doing!!

http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Wendy,

I just read this for the first time. What a beautiful family you have!! And what a story with the barn situation. I, too, love that verse.

Emily

Flamingo said...

Hello there@ I just noticed that joined my blog...thanks! Wow...absolutely LOVE your blog. You style is so refreshing and beautiful! I am from PA too and I have a princess from China too:) Awesome to meet you ! i'm going to add you to my reader!

Heathahlee said...

Good morning! I'm hopping over from Denise in Bloom and wanted to say hi. What a beautiful family you have! I understand about dreams falling through. We had a similar situation with a house...and then my husband lost his job. I was devastated. But I came to realize God knew the big picture and I didn't. Turns out, if we had bought that house we wouldn't have been able to afford the gas when it spiked several years ago. He knew the best for us! I have loved that verse since college! :)

{darlene} said...

Wendy! Hi! I am stopping by from the Relevant link party and it is so nice to meet you. I am your latest follower!! and I look forward to seeing you at Relevant. I loved this post. The things that seem to slip away can be very hard to lay down at the cross. But I love your trust. He has something better!!!!!!!!
- {darlene}
fieldstonehilldesign.com

Beth Zimmerman said...

Popping in from the Relevant Link-up Party. So ... did your house sell and you moved anyway or did you stay put? The guinea pig is adorable! ... So are the kids! Looking forward to meeting you!

celdridge said...

We missed out on our dream house last summer. It stinks, to say the least. Looking forward to getting to know you before Relevant!

jofenton said...

Hi Wendy! I love barns. My name is Johanna, and I'll be attending Relevant for the first time. I just subscribed to your blog, and will look forward to reading more and meeting you down the road ... Blessings!

La Donna said...

Hi Wendy!!! I'm visiting you via The Relevant Link Party!!! Thank you for sharing a story that I can relate to on some many levels. I love how God is always proving Himself to have more than we could ever hope or imagine. Look forward to meeting you at the conference and hearing inspiring stories from your blog. HUGS!!!!

Dawn said...

Hi! I'm visiting from the Relevant linky party. What a roller coaster ride! We too always wanted property and a barn too, but with the way real estate is right now we'd never be able to sell our house. We have realized though, that we can just turn THIS house into what we want, and spend more time with our kids rather than paying for a more expensive house. That's what counts. :)
~Dawn @5kidsandadog.com

Rachel R. said...

My daughter would know just what to do with a barn - she wants to LIVE in one when she grows up! lol

Looking forward to meeting you at Relevant!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity