Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Little Red Book

The Little (big) Red Book.

I started this book many years ago.  When I would see a picture in a magazine that inspired me or a picture of a home I loved, I would rush home and glue it in the "Little Red Book".  This book makes me smile :)


I write notes inside and even draw arrows to a favorite part of a picture. When I am looking for inspiration I go first to the "Little Red Book".   I thought I would share it with you.  If you see the "little red book" out, it probably means that I am considering a new project.


If I am planning a new project.....it probably will include my Dad!!!  My poor dad....I am sure that when he hears the words, "I was wondering...."  he know a project is coming and involves either his help or his knowledge.  I know I drive him crazy, but isn't that what daughters do?
Seriously, he is the best Dad any daughter could ask for!

My Dad in his woodshop! You are only seeing 1/2 of his shop!  I must tell you that he is the reason that I think it is no problem to put a french doors in a wall that has not opening.  I grew up thinking and seeing that walls and even front doors could be moved to a new place.....no problem! 
Did I mention he makes furniture, too? 

   Dad...I was wondering....what do you think if we put bookshelves here?

(The french doors to the left are new.  That was a solid wall prior to the doors. It lets so much sun light into the family room, I love it)

Here are some inspiration ideas.  I have more in my "little red book", but when I tried to take a picure, it didn't turn out clear.


Ballard Designs
I want to keep the kids pictures in the center, so I wouldn't have the glass cabinets in the center. I do like the white, it would match the trim in the room.

Restoratin Hardware
Minus the TV and shelves in middle. I would keep the center cabinet, just not the shelves.

Pottery Barn

Better Homes and Garden
I like the idea of a bench in the center. We have the computer on the opposite wall and are hoping to use the room like a library.


Better Homes and Garden
I posted this picture for the Urns on the wall.
Dad....I was wondering could I use your jigsaw?

Do you have any good ideas in your "little red book" for built in bookshelves? Would love to hear what you're thinking!

 (I do have a great dad and even though he does help me with many projects, the best gift he ever gave me was to always love and trust  God. Thank you Dad)

5 comments:

michele said...

Inspiring pictures and ideas! Thanks!!

kiakai/Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Lucky you to have a dad that can do that for you! I want built ins too. When we fix our fireplace, I'm having some built. Love your inspiration pics! Get that chair out and get started! Winter is the best time, since we can't go outside. Keep me posted on how it goes.
Thanks for stopping by.
Kelly

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

What a fabulous workroom your Dad has! I have that picture with the urns in my inspiration files too! Those are all great pics!

Manuela

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks so much for your nice comment on my blog, Wendy! I love the idea of bookshelves like those you have pictured. My Dad is pretty creative artistically ~ I'm actually wondering if he might take on a harlequin pattern painted on a small chest I have in my foyer. Maybe I'll ask for that as my Christmas present!

Wendy said...

Kathy, I love your inspiration picture you posted for the chest on your blog. I think that sounds like a great xmas gift idea!! I'll keep watching to see is your wish comes true!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity