Sunday, November 22, 2009

Craft Room

Craft Room

Frugally Unique....I am going to try to ensure that the next few crafts I do are frugal. I will be using resources that I have already. I always love a challenge, so I think this will be fun! To determine what I have means organizing the craft room....so here I go.




This is the craft room. It needs cleaned and organized! I decided to start with a small corner!
(Can you see the gold mirror in the back? I want to paint it white, but scared to...any thoughts?)




This a very country looking cabinet. It has been all over the house over the last 17 years. I was thinking of getting rid of it, because it didn't match anything any more. Then I thought why not paint it white!

I have all the paint left over from painting my kitchen table...total cost $0.00!! (yeah!)




First I applied 2 coats of white paint and allowed it to dry.
(I waited 24 hours)
Part 2 is to apply a thin coat of stain and then wipe off.
The problem was, I couldn't remember which stain I used on the kitchen table.
(lesson learned: always label you cans)

Oops....wrong stain!!




I repainted this side white and tested another stain on the other side! Found the right stain and was back in business!




Added new hardware! My mom gave me the antique glass knob. Do you remember the black tray on top of the cabinet? If not, let me show you a picture of what it looked like before.




The cabinet in its new home!




The chalk board dress, was a project Madeline and I did about 4 years ago with a piece of plywood and chalkboard paint.
(we got the idea from Ballard Designs)
Every time I look at the little cabinet it makes me smile!




My dad added the shelf above the closet in the craft room.

Okay...one little corner finished. Now I need to tackle the rest of the room!

This is also linked to Between Naps on the Porch for
Metamorphos Monday




5 comments:

Madame Meg said...

Hi- your room looks great! What an adorable idea that chalk board dress is- and it looks wonderful above your newly redone cabinet! Best of luck with your frugality- I find some of my best projects are the nearly free ones, it really forces you to get creative!
- Meg

Tammy@InStitches said...

I love it. I did a craft closet this weekend too ! (I say paint the mirror)

Mimi said...

Love the little jelly cupboard painted white, so much prettier. I want you to send your dad over to build some of those nice shelves over my doors! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Room to Inspire said...

The room looks like it is coming together quite nicely. The chalkboard dress is super cute and I love the shelf above the closet. Can't wait to see how the rest of the room unfolds.


Chelsea

Nancy @ La Chambre Rose said...

I love the shelf over the closet. What a great idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity