Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bugs to Beautiful

My Thrift Shop Find

I went on my weekly thrift shop run and found this "lovely" frame! NOT!!
I looked beyond the bugs and liked the design of the frame.  Did I tell you it was only 50 cents! So, I snatched it up with a smile!

I don't want to hurt anyone's feeling if you own a frame like this, but I am trying to imagine what kind of picture would compliment this frame?

Sorry bugs, but your days are numbered!! I see Mod Podge in this frames future!




First I painted the edges to match the scrapbook paper.



I mod podged the scrapbook paper onto the frame.
Sorry I was so excited how it was looking, that I forgot to take pictures!



I am loving it! No more bugs!



My other find was a pretty little crystal tray. Madeline claimed it right away for her bracelets!
Also for only 50 cents!

 

What a great day and only spent $1.06.



6 comments:

Deb said...

Next time, I want to come with you. And I feel an auction coming on -- I need some hallway tables to paint. Love the frame.

stephanied said...

I swear I just saw this frame when I was out thrifting this week. Was it from Jubilee?

Wendy said...

Yes...lets set a date for an auction! I need a fun girls morning (day)! I got it at the Salvation Army. Stephanie, you probably did see it!! Hope your day at the Sal. Army today was good (Weds are 50% off days)

Love the Decor! said...

Thank you Wendy for your sweet visit and kind words!!
I am looking forward to knowing you here in this blog world of ours!

Room to Inspire said...

The frame looks much better sans bugs! And the tray is a great find for .50 cents. Great finds for sure.

Chelsea

Jen R. said...

That frame turned out sooo cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity