Sunday, August 3, 2014

Lets blame it on the doors....


For awhile I have been wanting to paint the interior of the side door gray or black. This weekend I took the plunge and bought Kendall Charcoal from Benjamin Moore. My plan was to paint one door and see how it looks, if it looked good then I would paint the other two outside doors. After painting the three doors I decided to paint one of the interior doors, to see how it looked. We loved it (well four of the five of us loved it) and all doors inside are now Kendall charcoal!!

Of course, when you start one small project it leads to another project and another project! Which is how I got to the stenciled wall! Lets blame it on the doors, shall we?


For the cost of one gallon of paint and one large stencil, we have a new room! The mirror was originally in the kitchen, so that was an easy swap! Here is the progression of the mud room from the beginning of time (or at least from the beginning of us moving here 4 yrs ago!)


 When we moved in the walls were Ronald McDonald yellow which matched the 
Ronald McDonald red in the den.


We painted the wall Valspar Gravity and loved this color.
Sometimes the walls looked gray and sometimes they looked blue.
We still have this color in the den. 


Then we needed more storage since our home is 1800 sq ft and we are
a busy family of five. Every inch must count! Tony added shelves above the
washer and dryer.


We added the dresser to hold keys, flash lights, winter scarves, gloves, 
and the bottom drawer is wrapping paper. This is one hard working dresser!
The bench was moved to the garage with the built in storage lockers my dad made.


The doors painted kendall charcoal.
Happiness! 


It is amazing when painting you discover how the trim needs
repainted and the walls were in need of some loving.
The only problem was that I did not have any more gravity
but did have half a gallon of the kitchen and family room paint
left over. So, I painted the mud room popular gray by Sherwin and Williams.
Another color that we love.  


The wall was missing something and I have been wanting to try stenciling
an entire wall. What a great impact for the cost of a $20 stencil. 
I used the kendall charcoal over the popular gray.


And here we are today!


Next project is to stencil a wall in the girls room
but for now I am off the accessory shop from the
other rooms to change things up!

2 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Wow that all looks beautiful! The gray and the stenciling. Love the shelves too!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I saw you working on this on Facebook! I love how your room turned out! Looks Great!
Dee Dee

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity