Friday, January 4, 2013

{Simplify}

 
It is a New Year....
 
There were two major tragic events this past year that involved friends that made me take a step back and re-evaluate life. Ask myself.....What really matters?
 
Have you ever asked yourself this question? Thought really hard about this question? Prayed about this question? Did you find your answer....did you take the time to listen for the answer?  
 
My answer was....{simplify}....
 
Last Saturday morning Tony and I woke to beautiful falling snow. There is simplicity and peace in watching snow. It falls delicately high from the sky and lands softly to the ground. Looking out my window all I see is clean white snow. It makes even the black asphalt appear pretty.
 
On this snowy Saturday morning Tony and I will drive to re-unite with old friends....

 
 
A quiet drive through the country to a small snow covered church.
Few words are spoken during this drive.
It is a time to reflect.....

 
A time to feel the peace around us....

 
A part of us feels excited to see some old faces,
but wishing it was under different circumstances.
 
Tony and I grew up in a small town...
known each other since kindergarten.
 
Our friends are the same,
have been since we were little....


 
We lost one of these friends over the holiday's...
 
Kelly...
a wife
mother
sister
daughter
friend
only 40 years old
a smile that would brighten any room...
 

 
a loss to all who knew her...
 
 
Kelly was a reader of the blog
and after every post she would send me
a sweet message.
Her message always brightened my day....

 
Not long ago she sent me a message and asked why I don't
take pictures and post any more?
My answer....
{too busy}

 
Her answer....too bad.
 
Occasionally Kelly would use a photo
as her profile picture on facebook.
A favorite was the orange poppy.
It made my heart smile...

 
This picture is for you Kelly....
and I am listening...
{simplify}
 
 

3 comments:

dee dee said...

Oh Wendy,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to lose special people during the holiday time of year. What a beautiful tribute to your friend Kelly.
dee dee

Paula@SweetPea said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Judy@judyfriendphotography.com said...

I sorry for your loss. I'm sure she is watching over you. Judy

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity