Friday, January 11, 2013

Meatballs...

This is Gram's meatball recipe and a few things you (Maddie, Tony and Sarah) need to know about meatball recipes:

1. This is the recipe I wrote down with Gram in 1991, when she was cooking at the restaurant (The Deck) and I would hover over her shoulder aksing her questions.
2. We may love this recipe but other's may claim their recipe is the best and it may be. This why family recipes are very important and should be handed down generation to generation.
3. Gram never measured and I drove her crazy at the restaurant when I would ask her questions about how much she thought she added. She would say, "I don't know...it should look like this..."
4. Your dad's recipe is different!


I love that you have learned to make it with out measuring....

And you don't need the recipe any more....

Ingredients:
2 lbs ground meat
2 cups bread crumbs
3 eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
garlic powder
parsley

Step 1:
Mix all ingredients using your hands.

Step 2:
Roll into balls

Step 3:
Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes on a sheet try lined with parchment paper.


We usually make meatballs for Sunday dinner. A dozen go directly from oven to sauce and a dozen go into the freezer for another day!


1 comment:

Deb said...

This makes me smile because I know I badgered you for the quantities for this! And I hope it makes you smile that I can now make it until it "looks right," too. And Mary's sauce. Good job, Tony -- looks delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity