Monday, November 12, 2012

Mantle Update or Updated Mantle....

 
A few months ago a good friend called and said she spied a mantle in
her neighbors trash....gasp! How could someone put a mantle out for trash....
 
So....off we go to save this mantle from finding its way to the land fill!
 
As we tried to sneak the mantle out of the trash pile, 
the neighbor spied us and came out to say hi.....gasp!
They were so sweet about us taking the mantle
and even invited us in to see their new beautiful mantle.
 
We are seriously thinking of buying wigs and sun glasses for these adventure!
 
Originally I put the mantle in the booth "as is"
but with each visit to the booth I found myself
wanting to take it apart....
 
We (Tony) cut off the legs and re-worked the trim...
added some white paint...
some Valspar black glaze (my new favorite glaze color)
and hooks....


She is 62" long and what a beauty!
I tried very hard to find a home for her at my house...
but no luck.
 
A friend asked me not to take her to the booth,
because she wanted to find a home for her...
but no luck....
 
Off to the booth she goes....


I am happy to report she sold
and hopefully found her way to
a beautiful home...
Can't you just imagine her decorated for the holidays...
 
Aren't you glad we saved her?
Now I'm off to buy a blond wig and sun glasses!

4 comments:

dee dee said...

Ohhhhh I love the creative touch with the mantle!
dee dee

Jane Doe said...

The mantle + your vision = perfection! It's been a while though, don't you think we're due to find some really good trash soon?!

corners of my life said...

I am picturing a number above each hook. I pick #6.

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

A wig and glasses...hilarious. At least the homeowner was friendly. :)

I must have missed the post or forgot(?)...you have a booth? I think this is wonderful. I've thought of trying this. I've only recently started my own etsy...but while a booth may not be on the horizon for me...it is something I think about doing.
Spectacular job with all the furniture pieces in these photos and the mantel. Love that you followed your instincts and painted it.
Pat

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity