Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dependable...

 
Where does time go?
 
I knew our kids were frequent readers of the blog...
what I didn't realize was how much they enjoyed reading
these stories of our lives...
 
And that was the question I was asked at dinner the other night...
"Mom, why don't you blog any more?"
 
Then I was presented with a list of blog posts that I missed
blogging about.....
 
This list included....
Staining a farm house table that has family history.
Painting and re-organizing Lil Tony room.
Ripping up lots of carpet...
Staining stairs..
Picking hardwood for upstairs.
More painting...
Planting a wild flower garden.
New recipes.
Being a family.
 
So.....here we go...
 Easing our way back into the blogging world.....

 
Two weeks ago the leaves started to change...

 
to these beautiful colors....
 
 

 
But all these beautiful colors must fall....
and this means lots of leaves!
 
I think fall clean up is much busier then our spring clean up...
 
This leads us to Tony's new toy....
 
 
He has been on the search for a "new" truck...
He wanted a work truck...
something he can drive over the property...
get stuck in the mud...
load with dirt...mulch...tree branches...leaves....
 
A truck for him and his girl friend....
 
I was thinking a shiny new truck...
but he was thinking character, solid....dependable..
 

 
This is today...
all leaves gone and fall clean up at its busiest...
 

It has been a busy weekend for this man, truck and dog...
Leaves cleaned up...
pond cleared of dead plants...
and a new mulched path around the pond.... 

 
 
Life is good...
 
Cheers to....
character...
solid...
and
dependable!

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Welcome back friend!! I missed you!!

corners of my life said...

You have been very busy. No wonder you haven't had time to blog!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Wendy- how wonderful to know that your kids are interested in the stories of their lives! I think that is great.
You've been missed...but you're living your life. I am somewhat envious.

Glad to see this post. I almost missed it, with my new sidebar changes.

Take care, I'll look for you again.

Beth said...

Welcome back!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity