Friday, September 7, 2012

Happiness is...


We are in full swing with school, sports, work, and everything else that comes with marriage, kids, college, work, and the day to day grind. Ugh...

It makes me sometimes take a step back and think what really happiness is...

I know it looks different for each one of us, but for me....

Happiness is (in no particular order)...

1. Marrying your best friend...


2. Having three wonderful children, who have a great sense of humor...
 

3. Growing sunflowers that are taller than your garage...

4. Zinnia's...

5. Shoes...

6. Bubbles...our new pet mouse (never say never)....

7. Sitting beside your daughter while she drives....an amusement park ride and know that we are 6 years away from the real deal...

8. Watching Maddie move onto High School cross country and meet her goals..

9. Hitting the jack pot at our community library sale...
 
10. Painting a dresser for a friend...
 
11. Painting and being in the shop....
 
12. Friends... we would be lost without them...
 
 
13. Knowing that God is always in control, even when we are not...
 
 
Your turn...
Happiness is...

9 comments:

dee dee said...

Happiness is having a friend like you in Pennsylvania, never even meeting her, but feeling a connection... and knowing one day since we both believe that God is Love... we will meet one day in eternity!
Great list!
dee dee

Jamie said...

Saturday morning coffee in the garden with my husband.

Love your list.

Your children are so tall now! When did that happen?

Jane Doe said...

Happiness is being the friend you painted the dresser for!! I love it!!!

ichi-ban critic said...

Wow Wendy, what a powerful blog! Your words and the photos are lovely and thought provoking. Happiness for me is reading uplifting blogs like yours.

corners of my life said...

Hmmmmmmmm
I'm on board with everything but that little mouse!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Wendy-
You have much to be grateful for and happy about!

we should all count our blessings!

...Pat

Robyn said...

Absolutely loved this post.. and I LOVE the dressers!.. Thank you so much for sharing this. What an uplifting post..
Robyn :)

corners of my life said...

I wonder where they got their great sense of humor from?

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Spending quality time with the one's I love.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity