Monday, January 30, 2012

Closet Organization....

Last week we decided to start organizing and decorating the girls room. Originally, we hoped to combine Maddie and Sarah's bedroom sets into one room. Nope, it didn't work. The room felt cluttered with furniture and stuff. Last week we sold Maddie's bedroom set!! Getting rid of 5 pieces of furniture opened the room up and it feels bigger already.


The problem; it left Maddie with no dresser. She was a great sport and piled her clothe in a Rubbermaid container while we tried to figure out the best way to provide her storage. The goal was to not add another dresser. The best way to meet this goal was to reorganize Maddie's closet.

Closet Before:

This may be a short term fix. I know we have two girls who are going to grow and their closet will grow with them. A long term goal is to utilize the attic space as a dressing room, since the attic door is in their room.

Today....we are talking short term goals!

Using shelving purchased at Lowe's we placed two shelving units and a shoe rack in the closet...


Tony raised the original bar and shelf. A second bar was added to allow for more clothes to be hung. To make sure the shelves remain secure, he attached the shelves to studs (Dad you taught us well).

This pile of shoes.....

Are now neatly organized....

Pants and skirts...neatly hung...

Shirts hung (by length....per Maddie's organization style)....

Purses....

Find their place on the closet door...

One closet, one dresser, and one end table all combined into one organized closet....

As Tony and I were finishing the closet Maddie shared a picture she drew.....
I just love watching the talents God gave my children grow...
So, I remind myself tonight...
even though this may be the neatest you ever
see this closet...
It is okay...
Because God is working hard in this beautiful daughter of mine...
and I thank him every day for giving me the gift of raising her!!

8 comments:

dee dee said...

Wendy,
I have a closet or two that you can work your magic in! Does Maddie share the closet with Sarah?
It is great that you were able to fit all her things in one organized space! I love her picture... very talented!
Dee Dee

Debbiedoo's said...

Beautiful Wendy. I need to do this to our closet. It is frustrating to walk into a mess everyday.

threeacres said...

Wow that looks great! Such a big difference for a relatively easy change.

Made In The South said...

Funny how fast closets can just get out of control..at least at my house.
Now..I'm going at least straighten my shoes. LOL

Leslie said...

HI Wendy!!
I finally got your blog back into my blogroll on my blog...when I went to .com, it erased EVERYONE! Ugh. I mean, the whole gadget/widget thing disappeared. Sigh.
SO, I was missing out on my peeps goings-on for awhile.
You and Tony (and the girls) have been working really hard in here! It looks great--we have Hyojin (our Korean girl) and Alyssa now in the same room, and wow, is it a challenge to keep things neat. I get you, there!
There's always one girl messier than the other.
I am anxiously awaiting your girls' finished room! :)
I pray you are well and blessed, sugar!
~me

corners of my life said...

I love how new organization leaves you refreshed and energized. Great job.

Karen said...

The closet looks great, but of course its Maddie's art that catches my eye. I never had any doubt that her talent would grow along with her, but it still amazes me. Beautiful work Madeline!

Paula said...

I love an organized closet. Your improvements really utilized every inch of this space.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity