1. Puppy Proofing the House: We needed to get down on all fours and crawl around the house looking for those interesting objects which Blue will want to chew. Keep all doors closed to prevent the puppy from entering. If you hear silence, there is a good chance Blue has found something to chew....
2. Teach the Do's Nobody likes to hear the word "no" all day and neither does Blue. Cheerios's have been our choice of treats. Distraction and positive reinforcement goes a long way.
3. Stock up on paper towels: No explanation needed....
4. Have fun buying new puppy toys: Lots of puppy toys, to have them destroyed and then go shopping again.
What is your guess....ball or slipper?
5. Teach older sibling how to share: It is tough to be the only dog and have all the attention, and then need to learn how to share. Over time Lily has learned it is good to have a built in playmate....and sharing the couch really isn't that bad.
6. A puppy can out smart you: Just when I think all my bases are covered, Blue does it again and sneaks in and surprises me. For as slow as he looks, he is one quick puppy.
7. Sleepless nights: Week one Blue woke every 2 hours to go outside...in the cold...in the snow. Week two we only needed to get up 3 times a night. Week two my co-workers asked my way I looked so tired. One word....puppy! I am happy to report Blue is sleeping through the night!
8. How to deal with crying and a fussy puppy at night: Co-sleeping, I know it was a bad habit to start, but I do need to get to work and have full night of sleep. I also realized my husband still knows how to pretend he is asleep when the
9. Wear them out: Walk him, run him, play with him!
10. Shh.....baby is sleeping:Whisper, tip toe, don't look at him, don't walk by him....and if you wake him....he is now your responsibility!
11. Are you on? This was one of our favorite lines when the kids were little, "Are you on?" because I'm not! He is on your watch......because you know as soon as you turn your head he is eating your furniture.
12. Give up on cleaning: Blue thinks the broom is a toy, isn't the paper towel for me to chew and I love to bark at the vacuum. Muddy paws on clean floors, dog hair, spilled water bowls...what did I miss?
13. Wear them out: Again and again and again.
And we'll do it all again tomorrow!
Linking to DebbieDoo's Pet Party