Sunday, December 5, 2010

Angel Tea Towels...

Since seeing these Angel Tea Towels at a local gift shop this summer I have been anxiously waiting to make them. I thought Christmas would be the perfect occassion.   Although after making a few, I am thinking it would be fun to give as a gift any time of the year.

I started with a 7 piece kitchen set for $5.00
Divided the towels into two sets.
You'll need:
1 Tea Towel
1 Wash Cloth
1 Pot Holder
Ribbon

Fold the Tea Towel using an accordian fold.

Folded the Dish Cloth in an accordian fold and place on top of the tea towel.

Folded the two in half. Keeping them together.

I used black ribbon to allow you to see the ribbon better.
Usually I use a white ribbon.
Tie the ribbon around the top of the tea towel.
This creates the Angels head.

The dish cloth will become her arms.
Wrap the ribbon around the dish cloth
to make the arms.
Bring the ribbon around to the back again.

Here is what she looks like from the front.

Fold your pot holder using the accordian fold again.
Place the pot holder on the Angel's back and tie in place.
This becomes her wings.

Turn her over and she is finished!
Would it be nice to pair her with some coffee mugs and coffee?
Or maybe some fun kitchen gagets in a basket?

Then I found these kitchen towels with a wine theme.
I  loved the colors in these tea towels!

Here she is....
wouldn't she be nice in a basket with some wine and glasses?

Here is my choir of angel's....

I no longer can walk by the kitchen towels with out stopping and seeing what colors
and designs they have. Today I found some beautiful Christmas towels in blue!

At the gift shop they sold for $12.00 each and mine cost $2.50!!
Woo Hoo! Don't you love when you can recreate something
you saw in a store? And for a fraction of the cost!!

Come join me at these fun paries:

14 comments:

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

What a fun gift! I love it! It really is a great gift for any time of the year.

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Very cute, Wendy, the perfect gift for Sunday School Teachers or other "angels" in your life!

LUCKY 7 DESIGN said...

Wendy what a creative idea...I will definately have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing! P.S. I love angels (you have seen my dining room photos...lol)

Debbie said...

Wine and coffee angels....I knew there was a heaven! Way too cute Wendy.

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Okay, now that is too cute! What a great inexpensive gift with presentation!!

I wanted to thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! I very much appreciate it!!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Love it! Perfect gift idea! Thanks for sharing!

dee dee said...

Wendy,
These are so adorable! Such a fun way to spice up a great gift! Love it!
Dee Dee

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

This is a wonderful idea, Wendy, I adore the color palette you used, so warm and wintery!
Have a glorious new week. xxx

AmericKim said...

How cute! They are lovely. Thanks for stopping by to visit me....

Judy @ In His Grip said...

These will make great gifts. Thanks for the the "how-to" and for stopping by "In His Grip".

Rene said...

Those are so cute and you could use any color combo, perfect!

-Rene

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

Very CREATIVE!!!! Have a great day!
Bonnie :)

Erin said...

How much fun!! My 10 year old would enjoy making those! :)

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

such cute gift ideas, I may have to try this one out.
Molly

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity