We were trying to decide how to celebrate this blogiversary and what lovely item to give away as a Thank You to YOU for following along with us. We thought a celebration wouldn’t be right without a pastry of some sort…at least in our house it wouldn’t be right! But how could we get a delicious and fresh pastry to you, all the way in Texas or California?
Then 3 weeks ago we discovered the most wonderful little shop….Missy's Ugly Cookies. We have been frequenting it every week to try a new cookie, cupcake or rice krispie treat. Oh my friends let me tell you…….they are delicious. Sinfully delicious and worth every savory delightful bite! Her motto "Taste Before Beauty"...Don't you love her already!!
This week on my visit I meet the owner Missy and asked if she ships cookies in the United States? Guess what girls? She does!!! All the way to you in California and you in Texas and everyone in between!
Woo Hoo!! Let’s have a giveaway and meet Missy, owner, of the Missy's Ugly Cookie Shop!
Hi! I’m Missy.
• I’m a wife and a mom to three children.
• I love to bake — but am not a specialist with breads. I focus on cookies, cakes, and other baked treats.
• I grew up in the mountain west, but have loved living in the Hummelstown/Hershey area of Pennsylvania since the mid 90s.
• Just after my youngest child was born, I survived a bout with cancer with help from the good doctors and nurses at the Hershey Medical Center. Baking and creating new recipes kept my mind focused when my body wanted to give up.
• I started baking over 18 years ago, and as a young mother who wanted to make better cookies for her family. Endurance, laughter, and some tips from a mother-in-law and a grandmother made all the difference. I hope you love the happy endings of my perfect-cookie quest as you try my cookies and other treats.
Missy describes on her website how she got the name, "Ugly Cookies" (which are not ugly at all):
• Many of my cookies have names. My husband named the original “Ugly Cookie” when we had friends over to sample a new cookie creation — he told them that he didn’t know the name of the cookie and that it was ugly but tasted great. The name stuck. Thus, there is only one “Ugly Cookie” (and it’s really not that ugly).
• Too many bakeries, restaurants, and kitchens have beautiful cookies and baked goods that don’t taste nearly as good as they look. For me, enjoying a cookie or treat has to be about taste before beauty. I’ve learned that you can have both taste and good looks in the cookie world. So, enjoy eating our cookies, ugly and otherwise. They don’t need to look good anyway; they get gobbled up so fast!
Here are a few of Relatively Unique's favorites:
Wagon Wheel -
chewy, fudgy, chocolaty, rolled in powdered sugar...
gotta try with ice cream
The Original Ugly Cookie -
designed for taste, not beauty; chewy, melted toffee
& semi-sweet chocolate blended to perfection
Jake" The Cookie -
the idea & name came from Missy's daughter...
tastes likes a S'more sans marshmallow...
could have easily been named, "Yummy".
Kelly's Strawberry White Chocolate Cookie:
Inspired by our neighbor and so named,
dried strawberries with white chocolate chunks.
Relatively Unique is excited to share some of Missy's Ugly Cookies with you...
To enter to win the Holiday Shortbread Gift Box (2 Dozen) cookies you can
1. Leave a comment to receive one entry.
2. Become a follower or if you are a follower, receive another entry
(let us know in a separate comment)
3. Post about the giveaway on your blog and link back to us
counts as another entry
(Let us know in a separate comment)
GiveAway will end on Tuesday, November 9th at 12 midnight and winner will be announced on Wednesday Novemeber 10th! Good Luck!
If you can't wait for the give away you can order Missy's cookies here!