Thursday, August 26, 2010

Cookie Exchange Week 1

Welcome to Week 1 of our cookie exchange!
We are so happy you stopped by to visit,
hope you enjoy the recipes and
join in on the party!


This week Lil Tony baked some Cowboy Cookies for us.
The recipes comes from my friend Dana, and they have
quickly become a family favorite!

Cowboy Cookies
Oven 350 degrees

Sift together:
2 cups flour
1t. baking powder
1t baking soda
1/2 t salt

Cream together:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed

Beat in cream mixture:
2 eggs
1t vanilla

Add Flour mixture to cream mixture
and mix well.

Stir in:
2 cups rolled oats
2 - 12 oz packages of any of the following:
(chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips,
health bars, or butterscotch chips)

Drop on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper.
Use an ice cream scoop to make large cookies.
Flatten the cookies a bit and bake for 14 minutes.

If you want smaller cookies drop by teaspons and bake 8-10 minutes.



We are so excited to see your recipes!!
I guess we should have some rules?

#1
 I am going to use the same rules I use for our Holiday Cookie Exchange,
a cookie can include all cookies, bar cookies and candy.  I know candy
isn't a cookie...but when having a cookie exchange it can be divided up
like cookies. So we'll include it in the party!

#2
I'll keep the party open Thursday night through Sunday night at Midnight

#3
In your post link back to Relatively Unique to allow everyone to
enjoy the other recipes being posted!

Okay here we go!! Don't know why I feel nervous tonight about this
post. Hope you join in and enjoy! I am so excited to see what
recipes you share!!



10 comments:

Allie and Pattie said...

YAY!! You did it! Great job! Your Lil Tony is getting to be some great little chef- I'm off to print this recipe out!
xoxo Pattie

Natasha said...

This recipe looks divine! What an amazing chef young Tony is!

I have posted about cookies today, Wendy, but I didn't make them. I hope you don't mind if I join in by linking up to an older post.

Best wishes and happy weekend,
Natasha.

Southern Queen Bee said...

I will be posting a recipe today, but like Natasha I did not get a chance to make them and take pictures. This is such a great idea, your post looks great.

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dee dee said...

Wendy,
I'm so proud of you! Way to go!
Lil tony's cookies look wonderful! I can't wait to try it, I love oatmeal!
Dee Dee

Adam and Wendy said...

Well of course I'll join your cookie party!! I'm so glad you reminded me! I was drooling over the Cowboy Cookies when I read the recipie!!!

Beth @ Dirty Laundry said...

Hi Wendy, I love your Cookie Exchange Idea! However, with school starting and in-service etc. this was a crazy week...maybe I will get some made for next week!

And speaking of busy, hope the packing is going okay!

Tell Tony we will be over for some of the Cowboy cookies! He's awesome!

Corners of My Life said...

What a great little helper you have there.

Lisa said...

Ooh, your cookies sound good! I can't ever say no to a cookie exchange so I added my cookie bars. Thanks for hosting!

Karen said...

We loved them! Thanks again, Tony, you are a great baker!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity